At that time your father worked for the German government. I did not give a thought to what I might be doing to his job. I was furious. I told that poor government official that I was an American and that I had the right to name my child whatever I wanted to. Hormones, I hope. Unforgiveable, in my eyes, I asked him something like, "Does Hitler still rule here?" Never should have done that as young Germans have absolutely no guilt for what happened when Hitler reigned. Got my way. Maybe they even changed their name book. Of all things.
Just wish I had done what I needed to do in a kinder way.
You slept and slept and slept.I would always try to wake you up, by softly saying, "It is time to make the doughnuts." The first night when I brought you back to the nursery which was also a written law, which I disobeyed the second time around, you lifted up your head at two days old to see the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment