Co , woman child of mine, be a little girl today, and play.

I want you to play,too old to play,but not too old to go out and laugh with friends, flirt a little, whatever your heart desires. I have been unable to do this for you very much , if at all. Your sister needed me more.
So tonight, Shakespeare is my lover. Othello. You only want my thoughts, but I am going to write a rough draft for you,beause you need some of the stress taken out of your life.
You are so unlike me, but we do share a few things in common. Your room looks like the Harvard Paper chase and yet you find everything until someone decides to clean it.
I can't read the writing in your notebook and it is so funny beause on one page you have arabic the next calculus, the next Shakespeare, and I cannot find anything.My notes are always the same. Our lives would be easier if we were organized, but that is not who we are.
Let Mama take are of this for you, my sweet grown up little girl.
One upon a time in Germany, when you were just a baby, my next door neighbour, Frau Kleinknecht and I were having a chat. She was about 30 years older than me and I was telling her that I needed to spent so much time with your sister, that I worried about you. She told me that you spend the time with the one who needs you the most. She then added, there will come a day, or days, or moments when O needs you more and you will be there for her. Hope that I am doing just that, darling.
Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment