"Mommy, I'm hot and thirsty and I might like a swim."

Ogunquit, Maine has always been our favorite beach. When you were litttle we did more than surf, swim, ride the waves in, go crabbing, watch the starfish roll in at low tide, clam, and go for long walks. One day when Ca, you were three and Co , you were two, we went to the York Zoo. Dad took you, Co, and Ca, I took you.
It had been raining, but then it turned into a really hot muggy day. We had been walking for about 45 minutes. We came upon the crocodile cage.He had a nice pool to swim in and it was not chorinated so it would have been good to drink too.Ca, you were a climber. You could climb anything. The crocodile's cage was made out of glass. I turned my head for one second and you were halfway up it.You did not underdtand the word, "no," yet and you definitely did not understand danger. Since you were able to retrace your steps and find anywhere from the age of one, I got you down, picked you up , was lucky enough to find Papi and your sister and ran all the way to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment